When eggnog is available, try substituting the milk with eggnog.
4 - 6 large day old cinnamon buns
1 1/4 c milk or eggnog
1 1/4 c heavy whipping cream
Cream Cheese Glaze: This glaze can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
Soften an 8 oz. block of cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds. Place cream cheese in mixing bowl. Add 1 c of powdered sugar. Mix using an electric beater, mix until well blended. Add 1/4 c of milk and mix at a low speed until most of liquid is absorbed. Increase the speed and mix until well combined.
The final product should be considerably light and almost pourable. You'll be adding a dollop of the cream cheese mixture over a warm slice of the bread pudding just before serving. Refrigerate until 1 hour before serving time.
1. Cut cinnamon rolls into 1 inch cubes.
2. Butter a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Distribute cubes evenly.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk or eggnog and cream until blended.
4. Pour 3/4 of egg mixture over bread cubes. Using back of spoon, press liquid into cubes.
5. Let it rest for 10 minutes to allow cubes to soak up custard, then pour in the remaining egg mixture.
6. Make sure every cube is saturated. Cover dish and refrigerate overnight.
7. Pre-heat oven to 350 °. Remove plastic wrap from dish and place it in a large roasting pan. Fill pan with enough hot water to come up halfway up the sides of bread pudding dish.
8. Bake until cubes are toasted and pudding is set around the edges, around 50 minutes.
9. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into serving sizes and pour cream cheese glaze over each piece.
'Whispers on the Wind'
by Bridget Geegan Blanton
Subscribe to the e-zine and receive inspirational articles and recipes