Pasta with chicken and proscuitto
2 large skinned and boned chicken breasts
6 oz. of sliced proscuitto
2 c chopped tomatoes - cherry, grape, whole tomatoes - just make sure they're chopped into bite-size pieces
1/2 c fresh basil rolled and julienne sliced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2/3 - 1 c of parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts and chop into bite-size pieces. Place in a bowl. Add the zest and juice from 1 lemon and set aside.
2. Chop the proscuitto into bite size pieces and set aside
3. In a large mixing bowl, place the chopped tomatoes. Layer the basil over the tomatoes and splash a couple tablespoons of olive oil over all. Layer about 1/3 - 1/2 c of parmesan cheese over tomatoes and basil. Cover and set aside.
4. Cook gemelli pasta in salted, boiling water.
5. Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil to a saute pan and add chopped garlic. Allow garlic to cook for a few minutes in the oil before adding chicken/lemon mixture. Cook chicken until done and most of the liquid has evaporated. Pour cooked chicken over parmesan in bowl; re-cover and set aside. Wipe out saute pan, add a little more olive oil and cook proscuitto for a few minutes. Pour proscuitto over chicken in bowl; re-cover and set aside.
6. Drain pasta and return to cooking pot. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil and remaining parmesan cheese. Mix well. Add pasta mixture to chicken proscuitto mixture and combine. Serve hot!
The new historical fiction novel by Bridget Geegan Blanton
Pick up a signed copy at our Bookstore
Read a sample chapter.
Read the reviews.